FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
(1) Are accommodations and transportation included in the conference price?
No, hotel accommodations and transportation to and from the conference are not included in the conference price. The price includes food for all three days as well as all other conference fees for delegates.
(2) What transportation options are available to get to Kingston?
There are a variety of different transportation methods which can be used to get to Kingston from most major cities via train or bus!
(3) Where are some spots in Kingston where I can stay for the duration of the conference?
There are a variety of different hotels in Kingston which can accommodate your stay for the conference! This includes the Holiday Inn Waterfront, The Confederation Place Hotel, and the Delta Waterfront to name a few!
(4) What is the dress code for the conference?
The dress code for the conference is business professional attire. Stay tuned for our upcoming lookbook collaboration for ideas on what to wear.
(5) Is it mandatory that I attend all three days of the conference?
We encourage all delegates to attend all three days of the conference. However, we understand that things get in the way, so please inform the delegates team in advance if you will be unable to attend a portion of the conference. Please note that refunds will not be provided for missed portions of the conference.
(6) Is there financial aid available for the conference?
We hope to foster an environment free of barriers that would prevent individuals from attending this event. The following financial bursaries are available to support students who wish to attend the QFLIP 2020 Conference:
- AMS Campus Activities Bursary
- AMS Clubs Individual Bursary
- Engsoc Bursary for Queen's Engineering Students
- ASUS Professioanl Development Grant
- The Founders' Scholarship
- The Robb-Yedlin Scholarship
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding financial aid, we encourage you to reach out to the co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(7) What should I bring to the conference?
Feel free to bring a laptop, notebook, and a pen to take notes!