FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
(1) When and where is the conference?
The conference is from January 16-17th, 2021 and will take place remotely via zoom. All registered delegates will receive more information including the zoom link in January.
(2) Do I need to attend all 2 days of the conference?
While we encourage all delegates to attend as much as the conference as possible in order to have the best experience, we understand that this may not always be possible with everyone’s schedule. As such, to accommodate a variety of possibilities, we are offering two packages this year: $20 for one day and $30 for the full weekend. If selecting a day package, delegates may choose which day they will attend the conference.
(3) How do I register and pay for the conference?
More details regarding registration and payment can be found on the conference registration form here. (insert link to registration form).
(4) Is there financial aid available for the conference?
Yes! Please check out our Financial Resources Page (insert link) for information regarding the various scholarships and bursaries which are being offered! Also, feel free to reach out to our co-chairs at email@example.com for more inquiries regarding financial accessibility and how we can help! Bursary opportunities include:
- AMS Campus Activities Bursary
- AMS Clubs Individual Bursary
- Engsoc Bursary for Queen's Engineering Students
- ASUS Professional Development Grant
- The Founders' Scholarship
- The Robb-Yedlin Scholarship
(5) What do I need for the conference?
As the conference is remote, we encourage all delegates to make the most of their experience by having whatever resources which will enrich their experience! You will need a streaming device (eg. laptop, tablet, or phone) as well as a stable internet connection. Also, in the past, delegates like to have a pen and a notepad to take notes or to journal your thoughts! Stay tuned for our Delegates Manual which will outline more resources regarding accessibility for the conference.
(6) Is there a dress code for the remote conference?
As the conference is remote, we encourage all delegates to wear whatever makes them feel comfortable and empowered! In keeping in accordance with the professional nature of the conference, the dress code is smart casual.